- You will be required to manage the production line of all customized designs. This can include formal and evening gown designs.
- On an ad-hoc basis you will be required to do pattern making for new designs.
- You will be required to sit in on technical meetings with clients to understand the design requirements.
- All production requirements must be managed by you and strict timelines must be kept. This includes understanding technical drawings, fabric shopping, pattern and sample making, fittings with clients, final garment construction and packaging.
- You will be required to do alterations and ad-hoc design corrections.
- All work done for our company is confidential and you will be required to work full-time at the studio (4 days a week – flexible )
- 5 or more years of practical experience in the seamstress environment – Essential
- Pattern making and cutting – Essential
- Garment construction – Essential
- Formal or evening wear garment production – Essential
- Detailed beading /couture experience – Not essential but beneficial
- Portfolio of work to be submitted after the interview – Social media can be used
- Knowledge on how to prevent wrinkling, extend the wear of a garment, work with wool or flannel and handle delicate fabrics, like silk or cashmere.
- You will be required to submit a piece of work after the interview to establish your level of skill
Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please submit a 1 pager of your experience and a paragraph of why you would be perfect for this positionShould you be successful you will be joining a very dynamic design studio and working alongside a very reputable South African designer.